Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Supplements pt.2

Glucosamine and Chondroitin : B

Glucosamine and Chondtoitin and I’ve said is amazing for joints. I had a boxer who tore his cruciate ligament slipping on ice about 5 years ago when he was 2. The surgery to fix the one knee was going to cost about $5,000 and being an active large breed dog the vet told me he would tear the other knee within 6 months of surgery. BUMMER! So then I was faced with a dog that needs $10,000 of surgery that may or may not work 100% and hold forever. I talked to the vet about non-surgical treatments we could pursue and he pointed to glucosamine&chondroitin along with fish oil twice daily. Toby (my dog) continued to live out the rest of his days happy and healthy. The supplements really did wonders for his knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment