Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Obesity

I can’t even begin to express just how many FAT dogs I see on a daily basis. It makes me sad to say the least. Its great that owners love their dogs so much that they keep them “well fed” but obesity in dogs can lead to so many costly problems.

Obesity in dogs can cause:

  • Diabeties
  • Torn ligaments
  • Slipped spinal disks
  • Kidney failure
  • Lipomas (lump-like fat deposits that continue to grow and can cause mobility issues)
Overall obesity in dogs is not worth it. I am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to sharing my food with my dog. Booger (yes that’s my dogs name) gets the last bite of just about everything that I eat. However, if you’re going to share food with your pet, you need to take those calories from their kibble meals or add an extra walk to their daily exercise routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment